We continue to house hunt and I must say I am becoming impatient. The fall season is coming to an end and we are going to have to wait until February to start again. Boo. Its hard to find what we are looking for because we have so many needs:
- It has to be in our same small neighborhood
- We need more space but do not have unlimited funds
- We don't want a major fixer upper that we can't live in due to the full gut job required (our neighborhood is filled with houses that are 80-100 years old and some of them are in pretty bad shape or duplexed for apartments)
- I don't want something that is totally 'done' in someone else's taste that is very different from mine. A lot of the houses we've looked at fall into this category where I would have to pay for someone else's reno BUT then pay to redo it all to our taste.
Anyway...thought I'd share some of the kitchens we've seen recently....
The first is this Mediterranean style kitchen (apologies for the fuzzy photos they were the best I could get off of the real estate site.
- Open concept
- Large island
- professional range and counter depth fridge
- pot lights
- good layout
- Tan colored tile flooring
- Ornate light fixture over island
- Countertops (granite on island and butcher block on main counter)
- Cupboards are painted a pale beige
- Backsplash tile
Next up is an even more 'done' kitchen
Things I like about this kitchen
- marble counter tops (Love)
- Espresso colored cabinets
- Open concept with island
- Cabinetry detailing and glass doors
Thanks I would change:
- Range hood (more coverage with cabinetry less open space)
- Make it wider (next to impossible I know)
- Light fixtures (not sure you can see them all from the pics)
- Floor color is beige - I would probably go with more white penny tile or something
- Rad cover
So what do you think - Am I being overly picky? It's just going to be so much work and money to move that I don't want to do it unless we find something we love and are willing to sacrifice for.
I leave you today with this inspiration: