Hope the weekend was good to you. We had amazing weather for winter here and it did my soul good to take in some sunshine and fresh air. I went for a very brief run down by the beach and toodled around the local stores. The very best way to spend a laid back weekend.
Not too much to share on the decor front but thought I'd share an update on the design planning around here and also some personal resolutions.
In terms of decor planning, below is where the list currently stands
1. Front hallway
- New window and possibly front door
- Carpentry to add built-in bench, trim work, and crown moulding
- Elegant and utilitarian rug needed. I am thinking of a persian style rug
- fancy light fixtures! Something that says hello you've arrived
- New console table and mirror
2. Living Room
source: Home Depot
- Faux fireplace. I am currently fixated on this. I want to get an electric fireplace and add a custom mantel surround. This is what my living room needs!
- Paint an accent wall
- White drapes
- Large art piece
- Lighting and lamps
- End tables
- Wainscotting would be nice
- New chairs
3. Re-tiling 2nd floor bathroom shower
- Replace the grubby existing tile with marble
- Custom vanity and shelving
- New sconces
- New Mirror
4. Re-do ensuite bathroom
- Everything needs to be re-done! New tile, add bathtub, add another sink
5. Connect garage to house
- This is may never happen but a girl can dream.
6. Add main floor bathroom
- Also more of a dream than a concrete plan
And on a personal resolutions side, I have a few things I am striving for. I figure if I put them in the blog perhaps I will be more likely to stick with them.
1. Bed by 11am. Ha ha - I am a consomate night owl and am writing this well after 11pm. It starts tomorrow :)
2. Exercise 3x a week. Two weekend days + one weekday run
Okay I think that covers it for now. Let's see how it goes. Fingers crossed.
I leave you today with this amusing item. Do you recognize these? I have very fond memories of these guys :)
Thanks for stopping by!