So we've been to Boston and back. So fun.
Here is how it went down for those who may be planning a similar trip
Day 1 - drive to Greek Peak Mountain Resort in Virgil New York (4 hours)
- Kiddos enjoyed the water park
- We had a Quentin Tarantino trailer park like experience finding a restaurant in a nearby town but it makes for an interesting story
Day 2 - drove into Boston
- Checked into Hotel Nine Zero a Klimpton Hotel in the Boston Back Bay area
- Walked Freedom Trail including the North End
- Stopped along the way at Fanueil Hall to purchase a lobster roll for $20 ( the crowds were thick so we didn't stick around for too long)
- Went to dinner in Beacon Hill (this was my favorite neighbourhood. It reminded me so much of Brooklyn Heights in NY)
Day 3 - Parks and Harvard
- Kiddos hung out in Boston Common / Boston Public (much nicer of the two) and rode the swam boats
- I shopped in the Copley Square / Back Bay area (hello new coach purse on sale for $123 US)
- Then we all headed in the car to Cambridge to check out Harvard. The tourist trade there was very amusing. I am guessing that 90% of the people we saw were tourists versus students. I guess everyone wants to see where all the greatness happens
- The campus was interesting to see - it's so nice that they open it to the public
- After a quick trip to our favorite grocery retailer, Trader Joe's, we hopped in the car and drove 2 hours to Stockbridge for dinner
- We had a very unique, delicious dinner at the Red Lion Inn that dates back to the 1700s.
- It was then off to the Hotel on the North in Pittfield for the evening. The amatuer fireworks show was unbeliveably good. We could have driven to Tanglewood in the Berkshires foe the fireworks after the James Taylor concert but there was no need!
Day 4 - Trip home
- The kids swam in the hotel pool at the Red Lion Inn (the sister hotel of the North so they let us) and then after a quick lunch in West Stockbridge at the No. 6 Depot it was on the road home
- I have never seen as many trees as on the MA Turnpike and NY Interstate. If you like trees, this drive is for you :)
Here are some pics from your travels
I leave you today with this amusing thought:
Thanks for stopping by!